Thursday, January 06, 2005

Writer on Retreat

My mind wanders aimlessly. Why can't I write anything? Things are really going to fly if I miss my deadline. If old Charlie wasn't such an impatient cuss, I could maybe get some quality work done.

"Just put something down," he says. "People will love it just 'cause your name's on it. Don't worry!"

How can he say that? It's true enough, I suppose, but gads, I didn't ask for that! I've got the perfect setting here; a lakeside cabin miles from civilization, well stocked with the most comfortable furnishings and a very wired computer. Everything is right. SO WHY CAN'T I PRODUCE ANYTHING?

"Hello? Yeah, Charlie, I'm still working on it. A couple more days maybe. I know, I know. Could you maybe extend that revision date until later next week? No? Well, maybe I'll get it right the first time. Uh-huh. Bye."

I should've taken Mom's advice and been a doctor. I mean, who ever heard of surgeon's block?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello JD!
I was just taking a look at those blogs around here and I found yours!
It is a great blog, keep doin' what you're doing...
I'll be back...
Have a nice week.
And don't worry... it will all work out for you!

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home